The street where we live

The street where we live

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Eat 'n Greet

Please join us for light snacks
on Saturday, April 19th
between 1 and 4 PM.

We will be outside 30 - 36 Moore Terrace with delicious food and drink. Our hope is to talk with you about getting together, as a neighborhood group, to have Street-wide Garage Sales (possibly April 26th), Block Parties and, more immediately, representation at the Relay For Life event held in town. Mostly, though, build a sense of community on The Terrace.

NOTE: Relay For Life is not a run or a race, it is a fundraising activity for the American Cancer Society. Ask us about it. Once you try it, you'll be hooked

We look forward to the chance to either meet you or get to know you better.

1 comment:

Eugene and Elle said...

OK, David - I'll be your guinea pig and start posting to see how the site is working. I have a very old blog on this particular blog site as well, so I'm a little familiar with it albeit rusty.

ANYWAY, I would be ALL FOR a block party this summer! I like the "Eat and Greet" concept...I don't spend enough time in our little Terrace enclave to know everyone on the street by name (although... I could probably pick MOST of you out in a lineup if I had to -LOL). So it would be nice to have an excuse every now and then to eat bad food and see the neighbors whom I would otherwise probably NEVER see/meet!

Maybe we could do a potluck BBQ in one of our backyards if we're not able to get the street closed off sufficiently. Otherwise, we're flirting with disaster!

Thanks for setting up the blog! - Miyoshi @ 22