The street where we live

The street where we live

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Re: Convo with town officials - recap

Screams of joy emanating from 39 Moore Terrace at the Chipotle news!  Thanks for the recap of your conversation, Miyoshi!
___________________________
Stephen W. May
Crescent Leaf Technologies
steve@crescentleaf.com
862.520.2552 ph
___________________________ 

From: Miyoshi West <miyoshiwest@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:04 PM
To: <dsg169.MooreTerrace@blogger.com>, Angela Hahn <summerclouds@hotmail.com>, Ann Jandoli <AnnJandoli@yahoo.com>, Bob Jones <BJones94@verizon.net>, Carol Beardslee <cbeardslee@cmitsolutions.com>, David Greulich <dsg169@gmail.com>, Diane McKiernan <diane.mckiernan@comcast.net>, "Diaz, Christopher" <Christopher.Diaz@aig.com>, "Diaz, Christopher" <Christopher.Diaz@chartisinsurance.com>, Donna Brojock <ladonnanyc@yahoo.com>, Doug Short <dshort@connellfoley.com>, Gary Paolini <gpemu@comcast.net>, Guy Beardslee <gbeardslee@cmitsolutions.com>, Joan Singerline <singerline3034@aol.com>, Laura Short <vivianlmo@yahoo.com>, Linda Macario and Jackie Lepow <macapow@verizon.net>, Maryann Debski <MDebski@verizon.net>, Miyoshi West <miyoshiwest@gmail.com>, Monaliza Almeida <monalizaalmeida@hotmail.com>, Nicole Diaz <nturondiaz@verizon.net>, Nicole Turon-Diaz <learningbydesign@verizon.net>, Pat Peterson <patpeire@yahoo.com>, Phillip Calabro <biencalabro@verizon.net>, Rabbi Elliott Tepperman <RabbiElliott@bnaikeshet.org>, Sarah O'Leary <sarahol@verizon.net>, Sarah O'Leary <slo4r@yahoo.com>, Sharyn Smith <srsmith70@verizon.net>, Stephen May <steve@crescentleaf.com>, "Tracey Taylor, Home" <tlhtaylor@yahoo.com>, "Willard Taylor, Work" <wtaylor@newarka.edu>, Bill Lee <welee@me.com>
Subject: Convo with town officials - recap

Hi neighbors - thought I'd share some Moore/WO-town info that I received this evening....  I stopped by the Mayor's 'office hours' tonight on a whim and peppered him and Jack Sayers (the town's Biz Admin) with a few questions.  Below are highlights from our conversation topics:

Moore Terrace
  • Our street is (still) top of the list for repaving.  They're just waiting for the budget to be passed and they'll get it done
  • I mentioned the empty houses on our street and the general property disarray.  They both perked up because they just passed an ordinance last Fall that allows the town to take control of unkempt properties that the bank's aren't paying attention to, and the town is now able to place a lien against the property if they have to do so.  I mentioned that there were at least 3 on our street, but of course I could only remember #5... Someone remind me of the other two.  Jack said he'd look them up, but I want to make sure they get it right. I also relayed the story about the foreclosed house that the previous owners are still going back into periodically. So Parisi said they'd get on it and put some eyes on those properties.  So you guys just remind me of the other property addresses and I'll follow up with them.
  • I reminded them about the traffic issue; Parisi is going to check once again to see what the town Engineer concluded about the 'no left turn during rush hour' concept

The State of Downtown/Empty Retail spaces

  • Prism is scheduled to begin Phase I construction this summer, beginning with a few retail shops and about 300 residential spaces (mostly 1 & 2 bedrooms, but a few 3 bedrooms).  Redevelopment of downtown is a priority and Parisi is committed to pushing it.  I'd love to see a full facade redo for starters!  But of course, that's just lipstick on the pig until we attract some stable retailers. More conversation is needed here.
  • Confirmation! The old Wendy's is slated to become a Chipotle! (thanks for that tip, Tracey!) BUT, they're still negotiating with Whole Foods at the moment b/c WF gets to yea/nay any food establishments in the strip mall that might compete with them.  But it's looking good!

Commuting to NYC

  • NJT has agreed to revise the train schedules again to make it more palatable for Orange & South Orange station commuters.  They'll be cutting a few less-essentially stops to shorten the overall commute (ie, cutting the stop at Secaucus for select express trains). The revised schedule should begin in mid/late March. Also, they're adding about 150 double-deckers into the system, so the added capacity should help. 

OK, that was about it.... Again, it was an eleventh-hour decision to drop in as I saw the FB post during my commute home; so I really didn't have a full agenda to discuss - just a few top of mind things.  Hope something was helpful/informative.

Miyoshi @ 22

No comments: